Support For Handling False Alarms
Avoid false alarms (FALSE ALARM 24/7 PHONE NUMBER: - 604-777-3776)
*Have your account or password ready
It is important that you minimize your chances of causing any unnecessary alarms.
- Many districts impose fines for excessive false alarms.
- Check with your local police for any By-laws which apply to you.
Avoid causing false alarms. Here are a few basic points to consider.
- DO NOT leave any windows open as drafts can trigger motion sensors.
- DO NOT leave pets in an area where their motion can be detected.
- Remove any objects that cause motion from areas with motion sensors. i.e. balloons, decorations, mobiles, hanging plants, etc.
- Make sure anyone with access to the premise has the monitoring station telephone number and the premise account number.
If you trip the alarm system :
- DISARM - Enter your personal 4 digit code to silence the alarm.
- WAIT - Wait for the telephone line to clear.
- CALL - 24 Hour Service monitoring station. Telephone: (604) 777-3775
- NOTIFY - Tell the operator you have tripped your system. You must provide the account number to cancel any police action.
- DO NOT PANIC. STAY CALM.
Other Useful Links :
- City of Vancouver :
Vancouver Police Department – False Alarm Reduction Program